Disclosure: Some of these links are affiliate links, and at no additional cost, I earn a commission if you buy which helps to maintain this website.
Struggling to find an impressive electric coffee grinder that can grind for any brewing method? It can be agonizing looking at grinder after grinder, trying to find the right one for you. Your time is precious and you need something that will work now.
The Breville bcg820bssxl Smart Grinder Pro is exactly what you’ve been looking for. It’s the only grinder you’ll ever need again, because it gives an even grind for espresso, percolator, drip filter or french press.
It’s got plenty of features, including:
- hardened stainless steel conical burrs for an even grind,
- 60 different precision grind settings all the way from espresso to plunger,
- automatic or manual grinding,
- dosing IQ technology,
- an LCD backlit display, and
- a 1 year limited warranty.
Watch this video for a brief overview.
Let’s look at some of the features closer up.
Features Of The Breville Smart Grinder Pro
The Breville Smart Grinder Pro comes with a handful of essential accessories. These will help you with grinding, cleaning and storing your coffee and include:
- Two different sized portafilter cradles
- Make grinding into your espresso machine portafilter super easy.
- Never spill coffee grounds on your kitchen counter again!
- An impressive grinds container with a lid and sealing cap
- Stores your ground coffee and keeps it delicious and fresh.
- Why not grind some extra now, if you know you’re going to need it later?
- A simple cleaning brush for cleaning the conical burrs
- Keep the burrs from getting dirty.
- Everyone will appreciate how delicious your coffee is if you keep your grinder clean.
The bean hopper:
Starting from the top of the Smart Grinder Pro, you have the huge 18oz removable bean hopper. Some of the benefits are:
- Keep your beans as fresh as possible with the air-tight seal lid.
- No more spilling coffee beans everywhere! Transferring your beans from the hopper to a storage container is painless. This is thanks to the brilliant easy-to-use locking mechanism.
- Avoid damaging the grinder thanks to its impressive safety mechanism. This stops the grinder if it’s not in the correct position. The LCD screen shows the message “PLEASE LOCK HOPPER” when this happens.
The LCD display and controls:
Know exactly which settings you’ve selected by looking at the backlit LCD screen. Adjusting these stupid-simple settings will help you get the perfect grind every time. These include:
- grind coarseness,
- grind time,
- amount of shots or cups to grind, and
- the grind size.
You can change these settings can by using the following controls:
Grind Amount/Program button
- Achieve the perfect grind every time thanks to Dosing IQ Technology.
- Adjusts the grind time in increments of 0.2 of a second.
- Save your favorite grind settings by pressing and holding this button.
- Adjust the number of shots or cups.
- See the table below for the greatest number of shots/cups per method.
|Brew method||Espresso||Percolator||Drip filter||Plunger|
|Grind setting||Fine||Medium||Medium coarse||Coarse|
|Amount||1 up to 8 shots||1 up to 12 cups||1 up to 12 cups||1 up to 12 cups|
- Start, pause or cancel the grind.
- Press and hold this button for an effortless manual grind.
Grind Size dial
- Adjusts the size of the grind from coarse to fine.
- Found on the side of the machine
To get the most out of your Breville Smart Grinder Pro, you can adjust the upper burr to extend the grind range. This gives you even more control in grinding for any brewing method.
It’s a simple process that you can do without the use of any tools. The operating manual shows how to do it in detail.
Smart Grind Pro Specifications
|Included accessories||Portafilter cradle – small – 50-54mm|
Portafilter cradle – large – 58mm
Grinds container with lid and sealing cap
Conical burr cleaning brush
|Construction materials||Stainless steel housing|
Stainless steel conical burrs
|Dimensions||8.50 X 6.00 X 15.50 inches|
|Grinding mechanism||Stainless steel conical burr grinder efficiently designed to minimise grinding heat and protect the essential oils in the coffee bean|
|Settings||60 precise grind settings from the finest espresso to the coarsest french press grind|
|Voltage||110 – 120 volts|
|Warranty||1 Year Limited Product Warranty|
Cleaning And Maintenance
Cleaning your Breville bcg820bssxl Smart Grinder Pro often will help to get consistent grinds. It should also increase the lifespan of your machine.
Follow these proven tips to keep your grinder running like new:
- Remove the top burr and brush with your included brush to remove any coffee grounds.
- Brush the lower burr inside the grinder with your brush to loosen any coffee grounds.
- Use your vacuum cleaner to vacuum up any of the loose grounds inside the grinder.
- Use a residue cleaner like Grindz. This removes any coffee residue and oils that build-up in the grinder over time.
- Don’t put any parts in the dishwasher. Instead, wash the parts and accessories in warm soapy water. Use a soft sponge instead of anything abrasive, such as scourers or steel wool.
Why Should You Buy A Burr Coffee Grinder?
There are many genuine reasons why you should buy a burr coffee grinder, such as the Breville bcg820bss. These include:
- Low Noise:
- They’re low-noise, as they operate at a low RPM.
- They’re the perfect coffee grinder for your home.
- You won’t wake people up grinding your coffee in the morning.
- Low Heat:
- Operating at a low RPM, they produce less heat.
- The low heat is less disruptive to the natural oils in the coffee beans.
- This makes for a more delicious brew.
- The Grind:
- You’ll get a more consistent grind.
- This means the best extraction when brewing.
- You, your friends and your family will LOVE your coffee!
- With most, you can adjust the grind size.
- This gives you powerful control and freedom of grind choice.
- You can grind for espresso, percolator, drip or french press coffee.
What Are Other People Saying?
The Breville Smart Grinder Pro has thousands of reviews on Amazon. Most of these reviews are amazing, saying things like:
- I’m glad I spent a little extra on this rather than buying a cheaper model.
- It’s an amazing grinder for its price.
- I would definitely buy another Smart Grinder Pro.
- Being able to grind into the filter basket makes it super easy.
- I wanted an awesome grind consistency and this grinder delivers.
- You can’t go wrong with this grinder if you want a great tasting coffee at home.
- Best. Grinder. Ever.
Check out the price and the reviews on Amazon now, from other people who have bought it.
Who Should Buy The Smart Grinder Pro?
The Breville bcg820bssxl Smart Grinder Pro is best suited to someone who:
- Wants a coffee grinder that is quick and easy to use,
- Uses a variety of grinds, for espresso, percolator, drip and french press,
- Doesn’t want to wake up the neighborhood when grinding, and
- Doesn’t mind paying a little bit extra than a basic electric blade coffee grinder.
If this is you, order this from Amazon now.
Have you purchased the Smart Grinder Pro or have a different grinder to recommend? Let me know in the comments below.